Today’s recipe is a 2 portion low carb zucchini frittata with only 7g of carbs per portion!
If you want more or less, it scales up and down accordingly. If you want to make a vegetarian variation, simply swap the Parmesan cheese and whipped cream for vegetarian/vegan versions!
Zucchinis are the perfect low-carb vegetables, as they are mainly water-based, yet contain important minerals such as potassium and magnesium. The eggs used score points for their high protein and vitamin A content. They also have a high saturation index.
Low-Carb Zucchini Frittata
- 400 g small zucchini (2 small zucchini)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 branches of thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- 40 g Parmesan
- Clean, wash, and cut the zucchini into small pieces or slices.
- Peel garlic and chop finely.
- Wash thyme, shake dry, pluck leaves from twigs and chop finely.
- Mix with zucchini and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry everything in it for 4-5 minutes, salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to about 390°F (200°C).
- Whisk eggs with cream, season with salt and pepper, add to the zucchini and let it simmer at low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the Parmesan and preheat the oven to about 390°F (200°C).
- Flip the frittata to an oven dish (about 20cm in diameter), sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake covered for 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool some and enjoy!
Thanks for reading,